Saturday, January 17, 2009

Finally!

I felt the baby move for the first time last night! I was so excited!! Cindy felt the strongest punch she has felt so far, so she grabbed my hand and put it on her belly to see if the baby would do it again. It wasn't as strong, but I distinctly felt a little poke in the palm of my hand. I can't wait to feel it regularly! I was also happy to hear that the baby was moving around quite a bit while I was reading some Spanish children's poems to the belly. :)

I've been watching coverage of the upcoming Inauguration. I am trying to breathe in every moment of this historic occasion and let it really soak in. It is amazing to think that our child will be born during the first term of the first ever US President who is a person of color. That deserves reiteration: Our child will never know what it is like to live in an America that has never had a person of color as our commander-in-chief. Cindy and I can't wait to explain exactly what that means to our child. We also can't wait to see how that play's out in our child's life and what it will mean for the future of justice and equality in our nation.

No comments: